A few words about us
Let us introduce ourselves
The original Wayne County Jail was built in 1865, and was claimed to be the finest law enforcement facility of its kind. For over 100 years the site housed the police department, and criminal population of Wayne County. The building is also recorded for being the very last site for a public hanging in the state of Ohio. In 1977, the Wayne County Sheriff’s Department was relocated across the street to a new facility, leaving more than 100 years of stories behind.
In 1980 the building was registered as a historical landmark and in 1995 was purchased by a private business owner. The Olde Jaol Steakhouse & Tavern was then given life. We pride ourselves on our reputable hospitality and service, and a unique atmospheric experience you won’t find anywhere else!
A place to wine, a place to dine
How it all came to be…
Come for a romantic evening in the cell rooms (the very place the inmates once spent time), or enjoy a casual meeting with friends in the tavern. Our covered patio is the perfect place to unwind with a cocktail after a long day. Or perhaps you’re planning a party? We have several event rooms that seat up to thirty guests comfortably with a courteous and professionally trained event staff.
The Prohibition room on the second floor of the original circa-1865 Wayne County jail opened Monday, June 18, 2018 and features a full menu of bourbons, whiskeys, scotches and craft beers. The room was crafted from the former banquet room. The Prohibition Room has small tables, along with a few ornate pool tables, with dart boards stashed in a corner. A special Tavern style food menu is provided, but the room is set primarily for a casual drink — all under the watchful eye of a life-size statue of Jack Daniels, who greets customers at the top of the stairs.
- Shrimp Cocktail$133 Jumbo shrimp served with cocktail sauce and lemon.
- Mussels$14One pound of steamed mussels, in a buttery broth of; white wine, clam stock, tomatoes, bacon, lemon and spinach served with grilled French bread.
- Bruschetta Bread$94 classic tomato Bruschetta, served with petit salad and drizzled with balsamic honey reduction.
- Clams$141 pound little neck Clams, white wine butter sauce, roasted tomatoes, garlic, bacon and spinach.
- AHI Tuna$14Sesame seed crusted rare AHI Tuna, seaweed salad, pickled ginger, and wasabi.
For dinner portion add $2
Add Shrimp $10
Add Chicken $6
- House$4Greens, tomatoes, onion, cucumbers and croutons served with choice of dressing.
- Caesar$5Caesar salad, romaine, croutons and shaved Reggiano Parmigiano
- Harvest$7Mixed greens, dried cranberries, cashews, apples and shredded Swiss, tossed in our house made Red Wine poppy seed dressing.
- Wedge$9Wedge salad, iceberg, bacon, onion, tomato, cucumber and egg served with house-made blue cheese.
- Coriander Crusted Lamb$38Coriander crusted LAMB rack, cranberry glaze, mashed potatoes, and wilted spinach.
- Fried Lake Perch$21Fried lake perch, remoulade and Wisconsin white cheddar mac’n’cheese and green beans.
- Marinated Caribbean Grilled Chicken$27Marinated Caribbean grilled chicken, served with mashed potatoes, broccoli, and mango salsa.
- Atlantic Bourbon Glazed Salmon$26Atlantic bourbon-glazed Salmon, over risotto and fresh green beans
- Pan-Seared Grouper$26
- Pork Chop$20
(All steaks come with mashed or baked potato, and a seasonal vegetable garnish)
- *Certified Angus Beef N.Y. Strip Steak$3814oz. Lean, tender and full flavored.
- *Certified Angus Beef Filet Mignon$347oz Center cut tenderloin, lean and succulent with buttery texture and subtle flavor.
- *Certified Angus Beef Prime Rib$26 - $35Slow roasted beef loin, seasoned to perfection. 10oz. $26 / 14oz. $35
- 10oz House Sirloin$20A strip cut sirloin lean, flavorful, and moderately tender steak. 10oz
- 16oz Ribeye$32
- Sauteed Mushrooms$5
- Jumbo Shrimp Scampi$12
- Caramelized Onions$5
- Gorgonzola Cream Sauce$6
- Onion Straws$4
A La Carte
- Baked Potato$5
- Green Beans$5
- Loaded Baked Potato$7
- White Cheddar Mac ‘N’ Cheese$7
- French Fries$5
- Truffle Fries$5
- Mashed Potatos$5
- Wild Rice Pilaf$5
- Creamy Spinach$6
- Pretzel Bites$7.29Deep fried pretzels served with choice of stone ground mustard dipping sauce or cheese sauce.
- Mozzarella Sticks$7.29(A favorite along the cell blocks)
½ dozen Mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce.
- Buffalo Wings (Traditional or Boneless)$10.99Fresh wings in your choice of:
Hot • Medium • Mild • Garlic • BBQ • Honey-Chipotle
Bourbon • Teriyaki
Served with side of celery. 10 wings
- Beer Battered Mushrooms$8.49How else can our inmates get to the beer but by carefully hand dipping these babies in beer batter, deep frying them and served with our own secret sauce.
- Fried Pickles$7.29½ pound of our batter pickles, seasoned and served with house made bistro sauce.
- Over Loaded Potato Skins$7.49Piping hot skins stuffed with cheddar cheese, bacon bits & served with scallions & sour cream.
- Chicken Quesadilla$10.59Chicken blended with cheddar cheese, topped with diced tomatoes, onion and red pepper folded in a flour tortilla, served with sour cream and salsa.
- Battered Onion Rings$6.79A basket full of our famous onion rings prepared by our inmates.
- Nachos Grande Escape$10.79Crispy tortilla chips topped with our house chili, nacho cheese sauce, jalapenos and sour cream, served with a zesty salsa.
Tortilla chips with cheese sauce only $3.99
Tortilla chips with salsa only $2.99
- White Truffle Parmesan Fries$7.99Crispy French fry straws tossed in shaved parmesan and white truffle oil.
Bleu Cheese • Ranch • French • Honey Mustard • Italian • Poppy Seed • Thousand Island • Balsamic Vinaigrette • Raspberry Vinaigrette • Peppercorn Ranch
- Chili Taco Salad$9.29Classic taco shell bowl, filled with lettuce, Whitey’s chili, tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese and green onions. Sour cream and salsa served on the side.
- Pecan Chicken Salad$13.99Mixed greens tossed with dried cranberries, bleu cheese and onions, topped with pecan crusted chicken and served with honey mustard dressing.
- Steak Salad$16.49Mixed lettuce tossed in balsamic vinaigrette with Parmesan, Swiss and bleu cheese crumbles, candied pecans, dried cranberries and topped with grilled steak.
- Grilled Chicken Caprese Salad$13.99Fresh Roma tomatoes, fresh Mozzarella cheese, basil and grilled chicken drizzled with balsamic reduction.
- Harvest Salad$10.99Mescalin mix tossed in our homemade poppy seed dressing with dried cranberries, cashews, Granny Smith apples & shredded Swiss cheese.
- Grilled Chicken Salad$13.99Mixed lettuce tossed in balsamic vinaigrette with Parmesan and shredded Swiss cheeses, candied pecans, and Granny Smith apples topped with grilled chicken.
- Buffalo Chicken Salad$13.99A bed of mixed greens topped with cheddar cheese, tomato, hard-boiled egg and breaded chicken strips in your choice of wing sauce and served with bleu cheese dressing.
Soups & Combos
- Brewery Beer Cheese Soup$4.99Steaming hot, homemade, rich, creamy and delicious.
- Chili$5.29Whitey’s chili with beef.
- French Onion Soup$5.29Served with croutons and Swiss.
- Soup of the Day$3.99Ask your server for today’s selection.
- Soup & Salad Combo$8.29Your choice of soup with a House Salad or Caesar Salad.
Add grilled chicken breast to your salad for an additional $4
- Soup & Sandwich Combo$8.29½ sandwich of the day with your choice of soup
Add Chili or French Onion as soup substitute for an additional $1
- Reuben Sandwich$8.99Served traditional with Certified Angus Beef ®, corned beef brisket thin cut, Swiss and sauerkraut on marble rye and topped with Thousand Island dressing.
- Executioner’s Chicken Sandwich$8.29(A perfect last request) Grilled to perfection, this breast of barbecue chicken is topped with Monterey Jack, smoked cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Plain Chicken Sandwich$6.99
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap$7.99Buffalo chicken, shredded cheddar, diced tomato, lettuce and ranch dressing all wrapped up in a flour tortilla.
- Big House Club$8.49Thinly shaved slices of smoked turkey and ham intermixed with bacon, pepper jack cheese and tomatoes. Served on white or whole wheat bread.
- Carriage House Philly$11.79A generous portion on of prime rib, shaved with sautéed mushrooms, provolone cheese, horsey sauce and topped with crispy onion straws. Served on a hoagie bun.
- Sheriff’s Steak Sandwich$12.296 oz. open faced filet medallions cooked to perfection and served on garlic bread and topped with onion straws and garlic mayo.
- Perch Sandwich$9.99Hand breaded perch served with tarter sauce, lettuce and tomato.
Add American cheese 75¢
- Garlic Crusted BLT$8.49Garlic crusted sourdough bread, melted American, Monterey Jack and fresh mozzarella cheese, fire roasted tomatoes, crispy bacon, shredded lettuce and garlic mayo.
- Grilled Grouper Sandwich$8.49Grilled grouper, American cheese, lettuce and tomato served on a brioche bun with a side of tartar sauce. (Try it blackened)
- Italian Grinder$8.99Salami, ham, pepperoni, lettuce, tomato, red onion, and provolone cheese drizzled with Italian dressing on a garlic toasted hoagie roll.
All burgers come in fresh, never frozen.
Skin On Shoestring Fries $3.49 side / $6.99 basket
Fresh Cut Fries $3.49 side / $6.99 basket
Tater Tots $3.49 side / $6.99 basket
Sweet Potato Waffle Fries $3.49 side / $6.99 basket
House Chips $3.49 side / $6.99 basket
Beer Battered Onion Rings $3.49 side / $6.99 basket
Add coleslaw to any burger or sandwich $1.49
- *Mushroom Onion Burger$8.99Grilled with a blend of sautéed mushrooms and onions.
Add cheese 75¢
- *Patty Melt Grilled Burger$8.99Grilled onions, melted Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese and a Heinz 57® mayonnaise. Served on grilled sourdough bread.
- *Nutty Burger$9.79Grilled, topped with American cheese, coleslaw and cashews.
- *Bleu Cheese Steak Burger$9.49Grilled, topped with bleu cheese crumbles, onion ring and A-1® Steak Sauce.
- *”Say Cheeseburger”$7.99Grilled, with American cheese.
- *Bandit Burger$7.19Plain
- *Cheddar BBQ Bacon Burger$9.49Grilled, topped with smoked cheddar cheese, bacon and barbecue sauce.
- *”Cheeseburger In Paradise”$8.19Wrapped ground beef with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and Heinz 57® mayonnaise wrapped in a tortilla and served with dill pickles.
- *Bounty Hunter’s Bacon Burger$8.99(Sure to bring the Varmints!) Grilled and topped with American cheese and bacon.
- *Maple Burger$11.79Fresh ½ lb patty with a pure maple glaze, maple mayo, bacon, ham, and smoked cheddar cheese. Served on a brioche bun and finished with a fried egg.
- Cajun Burger$10.99Toasted brioche bun, lettuce, tomato, Cajun aioli, sliced jalapenos and two beer battered onion rings with pepper jack cheese.
- Beyond Burger (Vegan)$10.29A juicy, vegan plant-based patty, a great alternative to beef burger, topped with vegan cheese, lettuce, tomato and pickle. Served on a brioche bun.
Add a house salad to your dinner for only
- Grilled Grouper Dinner$15.99Dinner grilled grouper served with a side of rice and broccoli.
- Sticky Finger Platter$11.49
Five mouth-watering deep fried chicken fingers served with BBQ or honey mustard,fries and coleslaw.
- Lake Perch Dinner$16.99½ pound of Lake Perch, hand breaded, golden fried with fries and coleslaw.
- Sirloin Steak$16.9910 oz. sirloin steak grilled, topped with sautéed mushrooms and onions, served with potato of the day.
- Fish & Chips Platter$11.99Battered fillets served with tarter sauce, fries and coleslaw.
- Bourbon or Grilled Salmon$15.99Scottish Isle Salmon topped with bourbon glaze or plain, served with a side of broccoli and rice pilaf.
- Criminal RibsFull Slab $19.99 / Half Slab $14.99Baby backed ribs expertly prepared and smothered with BBQ sauce and served with fries and coleslaw.
3:00PM-6:00PM + 9:00PM to close
- Potato Skins$3.75
- Beef Nachos$5.40
- Pretzel Bites$3.65
- Mozzarella Sticks$3.65
- 10 Boneless Wings$5.50
- Battered Onion Rings$3.40
- Beer Battered Mushrooms$4.25
79¢ Boneless Wings…
You can order 5 or 10 at a time!
$2.50 / 16 oz. Domestic Drafts:
Bud Light, Miller Light only!
½ Price Burgers (Bail Burgers Only)
$2.25 Domestic Bottled Beer
Bud, Bud Light, Miller Light, Coors Light only!
½ Slab of Ribs & Fries $10.99
$4 Well Drinks
$5 Chicken Sandwiches
$4 Long Island or Long Beaches
Friday & Saturday
$4 per glass
Order by Phone
Prefer to make your reservation via phone? Give us a call! You can contact us between 11am – 11pm ever day of the week. Our Phone number is (330) 262-3333.
Mon – Thur, 4:30pm – 9pm
Fri – Sat, 4:30pm – 10pm
Mon – Thur, 11am – 9pm
Fri – Sat, 11am – 10pm
Prohibition Room Hours:
Wed & Thurs, 4pm – 10pm
Fri & Sat, 4pm – 11pm
*Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of food borne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.